The Board of Trustees at Blinn College recently approved of a contract extension for Mary Hensley, the district president/CEO, for another year by a vote of 8-0 at Tuesday’s normal board meeting.
The contract will now last until June 30, 2019. The extension will include a partnership with RELLIS Campus and includes more co-enrollment opportunities for the college students.
Hensley is the school's first female president in its 132-year history. As the 15th president, she has received positive reviews. Her accomplishments include strengthening the collaboration between Blinn College and Texas A&M, particularly at the RELLIS Campus.
The new contract has also increased Hensley’s base pay another 3.5 percent, which was the same figure in the proposed budget that will also increase payments to the staff and faculty.
In the future, Blinn College leaders will develop new strategic plans to complete building projects and other concerns.
“The College’s District President and CEO is completing her first year at Blinn College and the Board of Trustees has conducted an evaluation of her performance over the last 12 months,” David Sommer, the president of the Blinn College board, said.
Organizations in this story
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success