Miami University has been featured in the 2017 edition of The Fiske Guide to Colleges.
The guide features approximately 320 universities within public and private spectrums, and the university was one of 13 from the state of Ohio to be included.
An unnamed senior student at the university said the university has a competitive atmosphere among students while also facilitating positivity and fostering development in its students. The senior also said most students at the university are driven to be academically successful.
“Undergraduate research gets a lot of attention at Miami -- the competitive Undergraduate Summer Scholars Program gives 100 students a stipend, free tuition, and a project allowance to complete a nine-week faculty-mentored project,” the guide said.
Programs that were highlighted include economics, paper science, engineering and interdisciplinary studies. The book also notes that Miami University is listed for professionals as strong in business, architecture and music.
The university was recognized for its focus in liberal arts education, research and travel abroad opportunities. The university’s requirements relating to writing, communication and critical thinking were also noted.
The Fiske Guide to Colleges has been published for approximately 30 years.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Miami University-Oxford ?
Next time we write about Miami University-Oxford, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Group launches national campaign seeking justice for victims of predatory Ohio State doctor
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Brown urges Supreme Court to uphold DACA to benefit students, universities, nation
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: KAGRA to Join LIGO and Virgo in Hunt for Gravitational Waves
- BERRY COLLEGE: Lumen Lecture with Jennifer Frey to be Held October 10
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Faculty Research Symposium highlights innovative projects, from neuroscience to rural housing design to additive manufacturing
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Gift of $7 Million Will Support New Athletics Facility and Center for Israel Studies Fellowship
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: President Welcomes Everyone for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma Art Prize Gets Student Artists Moving
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: How Context Affects Scene Processing to be Held September 25
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18