Miami University has been featured in the 2017 edition of The Fiske Guide to Colleges.
The guide features approximately 320 universities within public and private spectrums, and the university was one of 13 from the state of Ohio to be included.
An unnamed senior student at the university said the university has a competitive atmosphere among students while also facilitating positivity and fostering development in its students. The senior also said most students at the university are driven to be academically successful.
“Undergraduate research gets a lot of attention at Miami -- the competitive Undergraduate Summer Scholars Program gives 100 students a stipend, free tuition, and a project allowance to complete a nine-week faculty-mentored project,” the guide said.
Programs that were highlighted include economics, paper science, engineering and interdisciplinary studies. The book also notes that Miami University is listed for professionals as strong in business, architecture and music.
The university was recognized for its focus in liberal arts education, research and travel abroad opportunities. The university’s requirements relating to writing, communication and critical thinking were also noted.
The Fiske Guide to Colleges has been published for approximately 30 years.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Miami University-Oxford ?
Next time we write about Miami University-Oxford, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza
- Graduates earn 2,331 degrees, certificates from University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico