Palm Beach Atlantic University detailed its Business Leadership Camp this week and the Free Enterprise Leadership Challenge.
Teams of high school students created small business ventures that dealt in real world money with support of the challenge’s funds. One team sold concession items and another team focused on selling tickets to entertainment events in the area. A third team that sold tie-dying services for t-shirts and bandannas was led by incoming Miami Northwestern Senior High Schoo student Kaylah Clark, earning $86 during the five-day challenge.
“Your success is based on how your group reacts,” Clark said. “I think you learn more when you have to do it yourself.”
The challenge had about 30 participants, with a majority coming from Florida and Illinois. This program is sponsored by the Jesse Helms Center, which organizes similar weeklong programs at four other university campuses.
Participants also work with a virtual stock market, where each team is directed to invest a mock amount of $1 million. The team that had the highest returns received $20 on top of what their respective profits were.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Palm Beach Atlantic University ?
Next time we write about Palm Beach Atlantic University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 240 degrees from Atlantic University College
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Mary
- Graduates earn 630 degrees from University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Iowa State University
- Graduates earn 179 degrees from Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Manati
- Graduates earn 2,735 degrees, certificates from Universidad Metropolitana
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Rhode Island
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Alabama in Huntsville
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at University of the Potomac-Washington DC Campus
- Cost of college went up for all students at Gallaudet University