During the first six months of 2016, several new college rankings have included Rice University among the other colleges nationally listed.
According to the rankings, Rice is the top university in Texas as well as the fourth nationally listed best college in Money magazine. The Money magazine listing grades colleges according to their value: education, pricing, and preparation for career life.
Money magazine also included Rice as the 16th out of 50 of the most affordable private colleges in the U.S. It included Rice as the 33rd of 50 colleges with the most value, helping students to perform better than their economic and academic background predicts.
According to the list of best value colleges in Forbes, Rice is the eighth of all private universities and also 20th nationally. It has received this ranking because of its quality, costs, graduation success and postgraduation earnings.
Rice is also fourth out of the top 25 southern schools listed in Forbes. Forbes also ranked the best value colleges with specialties in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), listing Rice as fourth out of 21 colleges for 2016.
In addition, Rice is fifth in the Forbes ranking of the 10 most diverse top colleges, 20th out of the 25 biggest school endowments, and earned an A+ for financial health (granted to just 66 private universities).
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Rice University ?
Next time we write about Rice University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 733 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico
- Cost of college went down for all students at Columbia Central University-Caguas
- Cost of college went up for all students at Rice University
- Graduates earn 421 degrees, certificates from Universal Technology College of Puerto Rico