During the first six months of 2016, several new college rankings have included Rice University among the other colleges nationally listed.
According to the rankings, Rice is the top university in Texas as well as the fourth nationally listed best college in Money magazine. The Money magazine listing grades colleges according to their value: education, pricing, and preparation for career life.
Money magazine also included Rice as the 16th out of 50 of the most affordable private colleges in the U.S. It included Rice as the 33rd of 50 colleges with the most value, helping students to perform better than their economic and academic background predicts.
According to the list of best value colleges in Forbes, Rice is the eighth of all private universities and also 20th nationally. It has received this ranking because of its quality, costs, graduation success and postgraduation earnings.
Rice is also fourth out of the top 25 southern schools listed in Forbes. Forbes also ranked the best value colleges with specialties in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), listing Rice as fourth out of 21 colleges for 2016.
In addition, Rice is fifth in the Forbes ranking of the 10 most diverse top colleges, 20th out of the 25 biggest school endowments, and earned an A+ for financial health (granted to just 66 private universities).
Organizations in this story
Rice University 6100 Main St. Houston, TX - 77005
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success