Gregg Bocketti, a history professor at Transylvania University, recently had an Op-Ed published in the Huffington Post and the Lexington Herald-Leader that's intended to provoke thought regarding the Olympic Games.
The Op-Ed is titled “To Understand Olympics Protests, Look at
Bocketti, who also took part in a radio interview on WEKU’s “On
Point” as part of its “Local Expert Weighs in on Rio Attendance” program,
conducted the majority of his research at the current Olympic Games in Rio to
learn how the city has been shaped by sports.
Bocketti is a renowned expert on the history of soccer in
Brazil and Latin American. He authored
the recent book, “The Invention of the Beautiful Game: Football and the Making of
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Transylvania University ?
Next time we write about Transylvania University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.