J.A. Adande, a nationally acclaimed sports journalist, will join the Medill School of Journalism, Media and Integrated Marketing Communications at Northwestern University as the university’s director of the sports new journalism program.
Adande has nine years of experience writing for ESPN.com and covered the NBA as a sideline reporter. In addition, he has been a panelist with “Around the Horn” on ESPN for the last 13 years. Before working for ESPN, he wrote for The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and the Chicago Sun-Times.
“J.A. brings tremendous experience, talent and loyalty to Medill,” Bradley Hamm, dean of the school, said. “I’ve been impressed with his dedication to students and his ideas and drive to make this program the best of its kind in the world.”
Adande attended Medill for his undergraduate degree in 1992. While there, he was the sports editor of the student newspaper, The Daily Northwestern.
"Enrolling at Medill was the best decision of my life, and I'm thrilled to return to the launch pad for my career, this time to help educate the sports journalists of tomorrow,” Adande said. “Dean Hamm has a vision and drive to make Medill the best journalism school in all fields, and I'm excited and ready to do my part to bring that to fruition. The Northwestern family always welcomed me when I returned, so heading back on a full-time basis feels like I'm coming home."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Northwestern University ?
Next time we write about Northwestern University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Group launches national campaign seeking justice for victims of predatory Ohio State doctor
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Brown urges Supreme Court to uphold DACA to benefit students, universities, nation
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: KAGRA to Join LIGO and Virgo in Hunt for Gravitational Waves
- BERRY COLLEGE: Lumen Lecture with Jennifer Frey to be Held October 10
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Faculty Research Symposium highlights innovative projects, from neuroscience to rural housing design to additive manufacturing
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Gift of $7 Million Will Support New Athletics Facility and Center for Israel Studies Fellowship
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: President Welcomes Everyone for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma Art Prize Gets Student Artists Moving
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: How Context Affects Scene Processing to be Held September 25
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18