Battery breakthroughs and discoveries about dyslexia recently joined the ranks of top summer achievements in higher education at the University of Texas Dallas, alongside competition victories, perfect test scores, new science facilities and more.
The sciences saw gains in the form of a new Bioengineering
and Sciences Building, research results about the brain regarding both addictive
disorders and dyslexia, and the discovery of materials that could dramatically
extend battery life. Kyeongjae Cho, professor of materials science and
engineering, and his students explored ways of expanding lithium-air
batteries, potentially increasing lifespans for both cellphone and automotive power
Plans for a new alumni center — the Davidson-Gundy Alumni
Center, slated to open in 2017 — and engineering building were finalized, while
three campus streets were renamed in honor of past University Presidents. Additionally,
construction began for two new student housing sites.
Economy prevailed as the school was ranked among America’s
best value for higher education based on two dozen criteria such as
affordability, alumni success, and graduation rates.
Students excelled, with 1,174
undergraduates making the dean’s list. UT Dallas students also captured top
honors in the 2016 Capstone Design Conference in Columbus, Ohio.
A capstone project is a
multifaceted assignment serving as a culminating and often interdisciplinary intellectual
experience for final-year students, involving multiple presentation media and
designed to encourage critical thinking alongside professional skill development.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.