Jackie Clark, a University of Texas Dallas clinical professor in the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences, recently began her term as president of the American Academy of Audiology (AAA).
“The academy really is the voice of
audiology. I’m looking forward to using my new role to help make a difference
for audiologists all over the country,” Clark said. “The American Academy of
Audiology speaks for the profession of audiology, so elected officials will
listen when AAA representatives come in to talk about potential bills and
The AAA consists of more than 12,000 member
audiologists and is dedicated to professional development, education, research
and increased public awareness of disorders related to hearing and balance. Clark
has served on its board for three years, and will serve as its president for
one year, as well as a past president term of a further year.
In addition to her work with the AAA, Clark
teaches audiology courses, sees clients, works in a teaching clinic and
oversees volunteering efforts to provide audiology services in developing
countries in Africa. She leads an annual trip overseas with students from the Callier
Center for Communication Disorders.
“Jackie seeks to advance the profession
through advocacy, education, public awareness and support of research,” head of the UT Dallas audiology program Colleen Le Prell said. “She is an advocate for patients, and an advocate for
education that prepares future audiologists to be autonomous.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ut-Dallas ?
Next time we write about Ut-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 2,376 degrees, certificates from University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Graduates earn 230 degrees, certificates from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Charlie's Guard-Detective Bureau and Academy Inc
- Cost of college went up for all students at Berry College
- Graduates earn 9,226 degrees, certificates from George Washington University
- Cost of college went down for all students at Atenas College
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Arkansas
- Graduates earn 125 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-Mayaguez
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo