The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recently named the University of Rhode Island’s Office of Emergency Management a Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador due to the office’s excellence in readiness, responsiveness and resilience.
designation recognizes that your institution has policies and procedures in
place to deal with weather emergencies,” URI Emergency Management
Specialist Joshua Manfredo said. “Being an ambassador puts us in touch with agencies
that can help us with this…the Office of Emergency Management has earned a
tremendous amount of credibility with the campus community because of its
dedication to providing assistance based on the best information and
its role as an ambassador, URI Emergency Management will serve as an example
and work to educate the surrounding community on preparedness, as well as share
its knowledge and experience with other ambassadors. The office will also
promote NOAA’s messages and themes and collaborate with the federal
designation reflects the spirit of how we see safety as everyone’s
responsibility on campus, with our office providing leadership and guidance
through the efforts of professionals like Josh,” URI assistant director of public safety and director of emergency management Samuel Adams said. “It’s a
measure of our success that conference calls organized and conducted by Josh,
the preparations made in advance of severe weather, and our leadership are now
seen as routine parts of the process.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Rhode Island ?
Next time we write about University of Rhode Island, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: SCSD Receives Grant from Parkinson Voice Project
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany Lands 12 Teams on Naia Scholar Teams List