Cameron University is one of just 10 colleges and universities in the U.S. that has been included in the inaugural class of Excellence in Assessment.
“We are honored to be included in the inaugural class of Excellence in Assessment designees,” President John McArthur said. “A critical part of our commitment to student success is our on-going assessment of student learning outcomes. I would like to express my appreciation to Dr. Mike Husak, Professor of Agriculture and Biological Sciences, for his leadership in preparing Cameron’s application for this designation. Also deserving of recognition are members of the application committee including Beth Adele, Dr. Howard Kuchta, Dr. Edris Montalvo, Dr. Karla Oty, Mary Penick, Dr. Holly Rice, Dr. Kirsten Underwood and Vice President Ronna Vanderslice.”
With this designation, Cameron University has received recognition for its dedication to the comprehensive assessment of the learning outcomes of its students. These assessments are used to improve the university to promote student success.
“Cameron University has various processes in place to ensure student learning is the top priority,” the Association of Public & Land-Grant Universities said in its announcement. “To meet the needs of students, it continually evaluates the quality of programs to determine whether changes are warranted. Over the last 20 years, Cameron University has documented an extensive commitment to assessment and enjoyed a campus-wide commitment to the assessment process. Positive student learning outcomes, engagement in, monitoring of, and compiling of assessment results at both the program- and campus-level are their signature accomplishments.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Cameron University ?
Next time we write about Cameron University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.