The University of New Orleans Athletics Department hosted its first “Welcome Aboard” event with the university’s yearly Privateer Plunge at Lakefront Arena Monday.
All UNO students were invited to the event, giving participants the chance to meet coaches, student-athletes, and staff involved in the Privateers’ athletic programs. Attendees also had the chance to win a variety of prizes from friendly competitions that include the athletes and the UNO student body.
UNO President John Nicklow and representatives from Privateers Athletics told participants how they could help with UNO home contests. The students also learned how to transform the on-campus facilities into a home-field advantage for their team.
“Welcome Aboard” also included food, beverages and music from John Lacour.
Privateer Plunge is a promotion that covers the entire UNO campus. It highlights the best features of UNO and allows students to meet campus leaders and learn about UNO opportunities.
Organizations in this story
Dillard University, New Orleans, LA Athletics 2601 Gentilly Blvd New Orleans, LA - 70122
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success