North Central College's Amanda Szabo recently joined the International Association for Dance Medicine and Science and participated in an internship at the University of North Carolina School of Arts (UNCSA) this summer.
“Through my experiences, I have realized that dancers are a
very underserved population when it comes to health care and, specifically, athletic training services,” Szabo, a senior athletic psychology double
major, said. “This internship gives me the opportunity to educate dancers on
injury prevention and rehabilitate them back from injury.”
Szabo, who has been dancing since she was 3, and the UNCSA athletic training staff were responsible
for more than 500 students in intensives, including dance,
film, drama, stage combat and music.
“Growing up as a dancer, I wish I had access to athletic
training services to help me realize the importance of caring for my body and
injury recovery so I could have a longer dance career,” Szabo said. “My hopes
are that performers will share what they have learned regarding injury care and
prevention with other fellow performing artists to continue a long and healthy
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about North Central College ?
Next time we write about North Central College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30