The University of New Orleans recently received a $100,000 donation from the Louisiana Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund to finance the UNO College of Engineering.
The donation will be used to fund teaching lab equipment and student scholarships for the college. It’s part of the mission fund under the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors; the goal is to develop programs that will help with contractor education programs in universities in Louisiana.
UNO is the only university in metro New Orleans that provides degrees in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering and environmental engineering. In addition, UNO also has the only marine engineering and naval architecture program in the area.
“Since 1991, the Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund has been committed to the support of public higher education,” Pat Gootee, chairman of the Louisiana Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund, said. “Our longstanding relationship with UNO’s College of Engineering is proof that our investment in UNO is a success. We are confident that our support will help continue UNO’s legacy of economic and social development in the greater New Orleans region."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Business teams in training
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Resume Workshop to be Held February 20
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Cru Weekly Meeting to be Held February 14
- ADITALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Latin-American Dance Inspires Alma Symphony Orchestra
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Master Artist Workshop With Sue Primeau at the Appleton Museum of Art
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: CCCC receives grant from Sunderland Foundation
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Zuzu African Acrobats next Cook Series performers
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Breaking alcohol’s death grip
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Cameron University online MBA program recognized by US News & World Report
- CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY: Macedonia in Synopsis