The University of New Orleans recently received a $100,000 donation from the Louisiana Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund to finance the UNO College of Engineering.
The donation will be used to fund teaching lab equipment and student scholarships for the college. It’s part of the mission fund under the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors; the goal is to develop programs that will help with contractor education programs in universities in Louisiana.
UNO is the only university in metro New Orleans that provides degrees in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering and environmental engineering. In addition, UNO also has the only marine engineering and naval architecture program in the area.
“Since 1991, the Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund has been committed to the support of public higher education,” Pat Gootee, chairman of the Louisiana Contractors’ Educational Trust Fund, said. “Our longstanding relationship with UNO’s College of Engineering is proof that our investment in UNO is a success. We are confident that our support will help continue UNO’s legacy of economic and social development in the greater New Orleans region."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30