Lamar University's new assistant director of the Office of Undergraduate Research will be Catalina Castillon.
In her new position, Castillon will continue to be an associate professor in the Department of English and Modern Languages and the director of the Modern Languages Program.
In 1991, Castillon began her career at
as an adjunct lecturer of Spanish. In 2007, she earned her Ph.D. from the University of Houston and gained the tenure track. She also attended the University of Seville in Spain for her law degree. She went to the University of Massachusetts at Amherst for her master's in Hispanic Literatures and Linguistics. Her master of science in Deaf Studies/Habilitation is from Lamar, and she also has certificates from Mount Holyoke College and the Real Conservatorio Superior de Musica de Sevilla.
At Lamar, she received the Distinguished Faculty Lecturer in 2013. She also has the College of Arts and Sciences Excellence in Teach Award, the University Merit Award, and two Distinguished Teaching Bonus Awards.
Her main research interests include Hispanic Literature within the U.S., artistic expressions from the Baroque and Neobaroque periods, Spanish Golden Age Literary Translations, Globalization and Cultural Studies, and Folkloric manifestations based in Galicia, Spain. Her research on these topics has been published several times.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Lamar University ?
Next time we write about Lamar University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: UAH joins nationwide effort to increase college access, equity, and postsecondary attainment
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Hydrology PhD student honored at AWRA conference
- RICE UNIVERSITY: 5 staff members honored with RICE MILE Award
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Miami's interior designer wins national awards
- 3 NY universities rank among schools with lowest drop in acceptance rates
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: UAH welcomes Tobias Buckell noted science fiction author, visiting Eminent Scholar
- ST. NORBERT COLLEGE: Results of Recent Business Intelligence Survey by St. Norbert College to be Revealed at New North Summit
- College acceptance rates in top-rated schools plummet between 2006 and 2018
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA to Offer State’s First MFA in Dance Program