Butler associate professor of theatre Rob Koharchik and alumnus Jeffery Martin both received $10,000 awards from The Indianapolis Foundation last month.
The two recipients were honored with $10,000 awards in the “Indy Professional Theatre MCPs” category. They are known as being creative professionals who have worked in theater and made significant contributions to the city and its cultural community.
Koharchik designed the set for Butler Theatre. His responsibilities include a variety of subjects, including the appearance of the “room” that the audience sees on the stage and the items that are placed on the coffee table.
Koharchik has also been in charge of the sets at the Heartland Actors Repertory Theatre, the Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia, the Geva Theatre Center in New York, and the Indiana Repertory Theatre. Audiences who have visited these theaters in the last nine years have probably seen a set designed by Koharchik.
Martin is the full-time technical director at the Phoenix Theatre. His lights and set designs have been used at Theatre on the Square, NoExit Performance, The Phoenix Theatre, and Know No Stranger. He also designs and directs the Young Actors Theatre.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Butler University ?
Next time we write about Butler University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 72 degrees, certificates from Puerto Rico Conservatory of Music
- Graduates earn 8,564 degrees, certificates from The University of Alabama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Liceo de Arte-Dise-O y Comercio
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Automeca Technical College-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 205 degrees, certificates from Career Technical Institute
- Graduates earn 141 degrees from American University of Puerto Rico
- Cost of college went down for all students at Columbia Central University-Caguas
- Cost of college went up for all students at Rice University
- Graduates earn 421 degrees, certificates from Universal Technology College of Puerto Rico
- Cost of college went up for all students at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute