Lamar University has created the Jean L. Spitznagle Scholarship to be awarded beginning in the fall of 2017 to a human resources or accounting major student.
Spitznagle spent two years at Lamar studying accounting. Both
of her daughters and sons-in-law also attended Lamar.
A Beaumont resident, Spitznagle worked in the payroll and
human resources department of the Gulf States Utilities Company/Entergy
Corp. for 35 years. She was a volunteer with the booster club at the Beaumont Charlton Pollard
High School, now known as Central High School. She
was also an active member of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
The scholarship honors Spitznagle for her years of service
to the community. It was established on her 80th birthday by the family with the hope that recipients will follow Spitznagle's example in
serving the community and reaching out to those in need.
The scholarship is open to all undergraduate students who
are attending Lamar full time while studying for a bachelor's degree in human resource management or accounting. The recipient must maintain a 3.0 GPA. While the
scholarship is open to all, students with a financial need will receive special
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Lamar University ?
Next time we write about Lamar University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million