A partnership between a professor at UT Dallas and a high school student has stemmed a scholarly paper, a forthcoming presentation and various awards and accolades for the student, Divya Prabhakaran, who aspires to be a scientist.
“She’s really a self-starter,” Katz said. “I just described
to her what we were doing in our lab and she got on board, designed her own
experiment and ran it.”
Prabhakaran, who is a Plano East High School senior, has been working with Dr. William Katz, professor of speech science and neurolinguistics, for the past two years. The two have research systems for visual feedback for speech therapy patients.
“I would say he's one of the reasons I've gotten really
interested in doing research,” Divya said. “Dr. Katz has taught me a lot,
encouraged me to explore topics I'd want to study, and always has been very
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Jackson College enrolls 4,798 undergrads
- Kellogg Community College enrolls 4,814 undergrads
- Washtenaw Community College enrolls 12,335 undergrads
- Mott Community College enrolls 7,689 undergrads
- Wayne County Community College District enrolls 14,806 undergrads
- Cost of college went up for all students at National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts
- 64 percent of applicants to University of Michigan-Dearborn were admitted for fall 2017
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Baker College enrolls 11,603 undergrads
- St Clair County Community College enrolls 3,601 undergrads