A partnership between a professor at UT Dallas and a high school student has stemmed a scholarly paper, a forthcoming presentation and various awards and accolades for the student, Divya Prabhakaran, who aspires to be a scientist.
“She’s really a self-starter,” Katz said. “I just described
to her what we were doing in our lab and she got on board, designed her own
experiment and ran it.”
Prabhakaran, who is a Plano East High School senior, has been working with Dr. William Katz, professor of speech science and neurolinguistics, for the past two years. The two have research systems for visual feedback for speech therapy patients.
“I would say he's one of the reasons I've gotten really
interested in doing research,” Divya said. “Dr. Katz has taught me a lot,
encouraged me to explore topics I'd want to study, and always has been very
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30