The University of New Orleans and Delgado Community College recently signed two separate agreements to increase the transfer rates and educational accomplishment rates between the two schools.
According to the agreements, there are now provisions for creating a partnership bridge program to help students attend Delgado until they are eligible to transfer into UNO’s programs.
“The process of reverse articulation, where the credits earned at UNO are transferred back to Delgado, is in line with national best practices for college completion,” UNO President John Nicklow said. “This is an arrangement that benefits both institutions. I am proud to continue our close collaboration with Chancellor [Joan] Davis and Delgado Community College, in the interest of serving the students of greater New Orleans.”
In addition, when students finish certain requirements at UNO, they can also gain an associate degree from Delgado.
“Opportunities for collaboration between the public higher education institutions in New Orleans manifest themselves in increased access and completion of college-level work by the people of our city and region,”
Joan Davis said. “The success of our students is the success of our schools and our community. We thank President Nicklow and his colleagues at UNO for working with us to renew and strengthen our agreement to serve students in a manner that increases the value of their higher education experience.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA: USD Alumna Uses Personal Experience to Spread Message of Financial Literacy
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University’s Emerson Scholars Receive Recognition
- BERRY COLLEGE: Coyote Lecture April 23 at Oak Hill
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Randi Thomas and Diane Delisio receive Miami University's Distinguished Service Award
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Spring Dance Happening Runs April 25-27
- Analysis: College athletics grossed $31,832 per athlete in 2016
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS: New law updates language related to dementia
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA’s Urban Forest Earns ‘Tree Campus USA’ Times Three
- TULANE UNIVERSITY: Speaker to explore use of biology in creation of technology