Sonia Narazio, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who wrote “Enrique’s Journey,” is scheduled to speak at a University of New Orleans event on Sept. 20 at 5:30 pm.
This is a free event that is open to the public.
Nazario’s book is the true story of a 17-year-old boy’s dangerous journey from Honduras into the U.S. so that he can find his mother. UNO chose this nonfiction piece as its Common Read book for the upcoming year.
In 2002, the story was first published as a six-part series featured in the Los Angeles Times. In 2006, Random House published the articles, making it a best-selling book. The narrative has earned the Pulitzer Prize for photography and feature writing.
“Enrique’s Journey” is now one of the most widely read books in the U.S. on the topic of immigration.
When Nazario visits UNO, she will give a speech about her book; her own story behind her book is interesting, as she rode atop trains and on buses to cover the story of Enrique and countless other young people from Mexico and Central America who were looking for their mothers.
The event will be held at the University Center Ballroom. There will be an author presentation, a reception, a Q&A, and a book signing.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went up for all students at International Technical College
- Graduates earn 592 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Caguas
- Graduates earn 3,928 degrees, certificates from American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Modern Hairstyling Institute-Bayamon
- Graduates earn 240 degrees, certificates from Ponce Health Sciences University
- Cost of college went up for all students at Georgetown University
- Graduates earn 2,072 degrees from Rice University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Modern Hairstyling Institute-Carolina
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Universitario de San Juan
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Central de Bayamon