Enrollment at Bridgewater College has hit a record high for the 2016-2017 academic year, with total enrollment reaching 1,894 and a freshman class of 601, according to the college’s office of institutional research.
“The college’s ability
to grow our enrollment while maintaining the academic strength of our incoming
students is an indicator that the quality and value of a Bridgewater education
is earning broader attention in the very competitive landscape of higher
education,” said President David W. Bushman.
The incoming freshman
class of 601 students is the school’s largest incoming class ever. The large
class is made up of 54 percent women and 31 percent of incoming students are
from diverse backgrounds. Further, 32 percent of freshman are from out of state.
The new class shares diverse academic interests, with the top five selected
majors being business administration, biology, athletic training, health and
exercise and psychology.
“Additions to our
historically robust commitment to the liberal arts, highlighted by the
dedication of our Center for Engaged Learning and the upcoming launch of the
college’s first graduate program, reflect our ongoing investment in the success
of our students,” said Bushman. “Our strong enrollment indicates these
initiatives are resonating with prospective students and their families across
the state and around the region.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Bridgewater College ?
Next time we write about Bridgewater College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Cost of college went down for all students at Universidad Central Del Caribe
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez
- Cost of college went up for all students at American Educational College
- Graduates earn 202 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-General Institutional
- Graduates earn 937 degrees, certificates from Universidad del Sagrado Corazon
- Cost of college went up for all students at D'Mart Institute
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Universidad del Turabo
- Graduates earn 6,110 degrees, certificates from Instituto de Banca y Comercio Inc
- Cost of college went up for all students at Escuela Tecnica de Electricidad
- Graduates earn 870 degrees, certificates from EDIC College