Miami University recently earned the No. 2 spot on U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of universities with a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching, and was the only public school to crack the list’s top four positions.
Coming in just behind
Princeton University and before Yale and Brown, ranked third and fourth,
respectively, Miami was also the only non-Ivy League school to make the top
four. The university has been in the top five on the undergraduate teaching
list for the past eight years.
“Miami faculty put
their hearts and souls into teaching – it’s where we truly excel,” Miami
President Gregory Crawford said. “We hear it every day from our students and
graduates of every campus, that how professors teach and mentor is what makes
Miami such a special place to learn. This consistent recognition year after
year is testament to their passion, commitment and genuine compassion for our
students, and being here and seeing it on a daily basis is truly inspiring.”
Overall, the school is ranked 79th among all national universities in the country and made the Top 30 Public National Universities
List. Miami also ranked 31st for undergraduate engineering programs and 48th
for undergraduate business programs.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Miami University-Oxford ?
Next time we write about Miami University-Oxford, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 344 degrees, certificates from CEM College-San Juan
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Graduates earn 2,191 degrees, certificates from Howard University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at IVAEM College
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Educational Technical College-Recinto de Bayamon
- Graduates earn 198 degrees from Strayer University-District of Columbia
- Cost of college went up for all students at Escuela Hotelera de San Juan
- Graduates earn 94 degrees from Caribbean University-Carolina
- Cost of college went up for all students at Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Cost of college went up for resident students at University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla