U.S, News and World Report included the University of Tampa in the top tier of Regional Universities of the South in the magazine’s Best Colleges 2017 guidebook.
Tampa was included in three web-exclusive lists: Schools with the Most International Students; Academic Programs to Look For: Internships/Co-ops; and Best Colleges for Veterans.
Schools within these categories must meet specific requirements. In internships/co-ops, students are encouraged and required to apply their classroom learning to real-life situations as they world in the real world. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell and Virginia Tech are also included in this category.
For the international students category, Tampa's international student population amounts to 11 percent of its campus. There are 140 countries represented in the school. Other universities included for their international students were Emory, Harvard and the University of Southern California.
For the veterans category, Tampa proved its generous transfer credit policy specifically for military students. The college provides up to 100 percent in tuition/fees for veterans who are eligible for the program. This is part of the Post 9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon program.
Victory Media and Military Advanced Education also added Tampa as a military-friendly university, listing it among the top 15 percent of all universities and colleges in the U.S.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: 58,361 college athletes play baseball
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: Energy Transfer/Sunoco Foundation and Energy Transfer Partners Donate $5 Million to the University of Mary
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Clarke wins NSF CAREER grant for advanced steel research
- BUTLER UNIVERSITY: Retailing's Loss Was Biology's Gain
- CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY TEXAS: A seemingly perpetual student's view on grad school experience
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Team Chargernaut takes first place in NASA Human Exploration Rover Challenge
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: Parkway to Close April 27-28 for USA Triathlon
- 114,405 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans from private, nonprofit schools
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: Alumnus’ firm in forefront of private Wi-Fi, Internet in space