U.S, News and World Report included the University of Tampa in the top tier of Regional Universities of the South in the magazine’s Best Colleges 2017 guidebook.
Tampa was included in three web-exclusive lists: Schools with the Most International Students; Academic Programs to Look For: Internships/Co-ops; and Best Colleges for Veterans.
Schools within these categories must meet specific requirements. In internships/co-ops, students are encouraged and required to apply their classroom learning to real-life situations as they world in the real world. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell and Virginia Tech are also included in this category.
For the international students category, Tampa's international student population amounts to 11 percent of its campus. There are 140 countries represented in the school. Other universities included for their international students were Emory, Harvard and the University of Southern California.
For the veterans category, Tampa proved its generous transfer credit policy specifically for military students. The college provides up to 100 percent in tuition/fees for veterans who are eligible for the program. This is part of the Post 9/11 GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon program.
Victory Media and Military Advanced Education also added Tampa as a military-friendly university, listing it among the top 15 percent of all universities and colleges in the U.S.
Organizations in this story
University of Tampa 401 West Kennedy Boulevard Tampa, FL - 33606
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success