The University of Pikeville will host a concert featuring Nada, the international pianist, in Booth Auditorium tonight.
The concert includes musical selections of the pianist’s repertoire as well as some pieces by Johannes Brahms.
Nada is originally from Beirut, Lebanon. Her early learning in piano was inhibited by terrorism and civil war. Later, her family hid in the mountains, where Nada taught herself additional piano from music books, like Bach inventions, polonaises, and Chopin waltzes. She attended Paris to continue studying music.
After just seven years of piano experience, the Paris Conservatory accepted Nada. She has traveled and performed in Europe and France. Now she is in the U.S., where her career includes outreach programs in schools as well as concerts held in intimate, European salon settings.
Nada has been a pioneer in her career, driving throughout the U.S. with a piano on a truck. She went to rural, mountain communities where she introduced classical music to people. She held solo and ensemble performances for prison populations and hospital patients.
“Nada is an artist of international caliber,” Phillip Westgate, professor of music at
Pikeville, said. “She has performed on the world of music stage and been recognized for excellence.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Pikeville ?
Next time we write about University of Pikeville, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 82 percent of applicants to George Fox University were admitted for fall 2017
- 89 percent of applicants to Willamette University were admitted for fall 2017
- Lane Community College enrolls 7,637 undergrads
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College enrolls 14,906 undergrads
- 7 percent of applicants to Yale University were admitted for fall 2017
- UPIKE student and alumni feature: Olivia Boyette
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias, Live!