The University of Texas Dallas recently highlighted its growing prominence in the user experience (UX) design field, enabled through the school’s transdisciplinary ArtSciLab and the university’s School of Arts, Technology and Emerging Communication.
“There’s a growing
trend in more courses focused on user experience (UX) design and interaction
design at colleges across the nation,” ArtSciLab director of design and research Cassini Nazir said. “Many of these
concepts have come out of human computer interaction concepts, but design
research and UX have really emerged as disciplines in their own right. Industry
has helped by investing in design researchers and user experience designers in
UX is also receiving
growing attention from companies, ranging from large, established companies to
startups, that see the value of the field as it pertains to their customer
relations. UT Dallas’ arts and technology program has a recruitment
program with Sabre and Intuit, and UT Dallas students who learned and practiced
in the lab have gone on to work at companies like Dell, Capital One, Cisco
Systems, AT&T, Siemens, General Motors, Fossil and J.C. Penney.
“UTD has really
benefited from it because there’s a boom of businesses setting up offices in
Dallas,” Nazir said. “Many of those companies have been hiring teams of
designers, and we’ve been successful in filling those needs.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about UT-Dallas ?
Next time we write about UT-Dallas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.