Brown University was recently featured among the top schools on both national and international lists of universities and colleges because of its generous financial aid, outstanding undergraduate teaching and quality student experience.
In U.S. News and World Report, Brown University was No. 14 in the annual “America’s Best Colleges” rating. It was also No. 4 among national universities for undergraduate teaching. Brown was No. 22 for the “Most Innovative Schools” category and No. 10 in the “Best Value Colleges” list.
“While no ranking or statistical analysis can truly capture the distinctiveness of an institution, we are pleased by the ongoing recognition of Brown’s academic strength and innovative approach to teaching and learning,” university officials said. “Brown is committed to preparing students for lives of usefulness and purpose in the 21st century — through a rigorous undergraduate curriculum that demands much of students as the architects of their education, as well as exceptional research and learning experiences beyond the classroom.”
In Forbes’ ranking of “America’s Top Colleges for 2016,” Brown was No. 8 in the nation. It was also No. 9 in Forbes’ “25 Schools Worth Every Penny” listing.
“This year’s rankings highlight just a few of the strengths that make Brown a leader in undergraduate education,” university officials said. “We encourage prospective students and families to take a deeper look during the admission process at all that Brown has to offer.”
Organizations in this story
Brown University 75 Waterman St Providence, RI - 02912
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success