The University of Massachusetts field hockey team recently set the school record for most goals in a game, posting a 12-0 win over the Saint Louis Billikens Friday at Gladchuk Field.
In this victory, 10 Minutewomen scored. Three of these goals were from senior forward Izzie Delario. Other players scoring were Maggie Harrison, Rachael Burchell, Hannah Farrell, Sarah Hawkshaw, Hailey Cockrum, Nicole Miller, Celina Hocks, Haley Notarantonio, and Grace Horgan.
In addition, Miller made three assists in the five-point day. Delario set a team record as well as a personal record with seven points. Burchell, Hocks, Hawkshaw, Horgan, Anne Dijkstra, and Melanie Kreusch also made one assist each. Emily Hazard’s save guaranteed the 29-2 advantage in shots taken.
Delario, Cockrum, and Farrell made scores quickly, securing a UMass lead of 3-0 within 8 minutes of the game starting.
The Minutewomen now have a 3-3 record and are 1-0 in the Atlantic 10.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Massachusetts Athletics ?
Next time we write about University of Massachusetts Athletics, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Jackson College enrolls 4,798 undergrads
- Kellogg Community College enrolls 4,814 undergrads
- Washtenaw Community College enrolls 12,335 undergrads
- Mott Community College enrolls 7,689 undergrads
- Wayne County Community College District enrolls 14,806 undergrads
- Cost of college went up for all students at National Conservatory of Dramatic Arts
- 64 percent of applicants to University of Michigan-Dearborn were admitted for fall 2017
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Colorado Colorado Springs
- Baker College enrolls 11,603 undergrads
- St Clair County Community College enrolls 3,601 undergrads