The University of Massachusetts field hockey team recently set the school record for most goals in a game, posting a 12-0 win over the Saint Louis Billikens Friday at Gladchuk Field.
In this victory, 10 Minutewomen scored. Three of these goals were from senior forward Izzie Delario. Other players scoring were Maggie Harrison, Rachael Burchell, Hannah Farrell, Sarah Hawkshaw, Hailey Cockrum, Nicole Miller, Celina Hocks, Haley Notarantonio, and Grace Horgan.
In addition, Miller made three assists in the five-point day. Delario set a team record as well as a personal record with seven points. Burchell, Hocks, Hawkshaw, Horgan, Anne Dijkstra, and Melanie Kreusch also made one assist each. Emily Hazard’s save guaranteed the 29-2 advantage in shots taken.
Delario, Cockrum, and Farrell made scores quickly, securing a UMass lead of 3-0 within 8 minutes of the game starting.
The Minutewomen now have a 3-3 record and are 1-0 in the Atlantic 10.
Organizations in this story
University of Massachusetts Athletics Amherst, MA, USA Amherst, MA
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success