The University of Massachusetts field hockey team recently set the school record for most goals in a game, posting a 12-0 win over the Saint Louis Billikens Friday at Gladchuk Field.
In this victory, 10 Minutewomen scored. Three of these goals were from senior forward Izzie Delario. Other players scoring were Maggie Harrison, Rachael Burchell, Hannah Farrell, Sarah Hawkshaw, Hailey Cockrum, Nicole Miller, Celina Hocks, Haley Notarantonio, and Grace Horgan.
In addition, Miller made three assists in the five-point day. Delario set a team record as well as a personal record with seven points. Burchell, Hocks, Hawkshaw, Horgan, Anne Dijkstra, and Melanie Kreusch also made one assist each. Emily Hazard’s save guaranteed the 29-2 advantage in shots taken.
Delario, Cockrum, and Farrell made scores quickly, securing a UMass lead of 3-0 within 8 minutes of the game starting.
The Minutewomen now have a 3-3 record and are 1-0 in the Atlantic 10.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Massachusetts Athletics ?
Next time we write about University of Massachusetts Athletics, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Business teams in training
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Resume Workshop to be Held February 20
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Cru Weekly Meeting to be Held February 14
- ADITALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Latin-American Dance Inspires Alma Symphony Orchestra
- COLLEGE OF CENTRAL FLORIDA: Master Artist Workshop With Sue Primeau at the Appleton Museum of Art
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: CCCC receives grant from Sunderland Foundation
- CLOUD COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Zuzu African Acrobats next Cook Series performers
- CENTRAL MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY: Breaking alcohol’s death grip
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Cameron University online MBA program recognized by US News & World Report
- CENTRAL CONNECTICUT STATE UNIVERSITY: Macedonia in Synopsis