The University of Massachusetts field hockey team recently set the school record for most goals in a game, posting a 12-0 win over the Saint Louis Billikens Friday at Gladchuk Field.
In this victory, 10 Minutewomen scored. Three of these goals were from senior forward Izzie Delario. Other players scoring were Maggie Harrison, Rachael Burchell, Hannah Farrell, Sarah Hawkshaw, Hailey Cockrum, Nicole Miller, Celina Hocks, Haley Notarantonio, and Grace Horgan.
In addition, Miller made three assists in the five-point day. Delario set a team record as well as a personal record with seven points. Burchell, Hocks, Hawkshaw, Horgan, Anne Dijkstra, and Melanie Kreusch also made one assist each. Emily Hazard’s save guaranteed the 29-2 advantage in shots taken.
Delario, Cockrum, and Farrell made scores quickly, securing a UMass lead of 3-0 within 8 minutes of the game starting.
The Minutewomen now have a 3-3 record and are 1-0 in the Atlantic 10.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Massachusetts Athletics ?
Next time we write about University of Massachusetts Athletics, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 585,402 U.S. borrowers in default on student loans
- 61% of students graduated on time at Illinois’ top two-year school in 2016
- Analysis: College women's basketball grosses $903 million
- March Madness money: How do women's teams in the tournament rank?
- Beauty schools report highest default rates on student loans
- Analysis: College men's basketball grosses $2 billion
- March Madness money: How do tournament teams rank?
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Axelrod, Rove to host Presidential Elections Program conference at Rice U.’s Baker Institute March 28
- CAMERON UNIVERSITY: Artwork by Cameron University Student Kathryn Carroll to be Exhibited in CU Sciences Complex
- COLORADO SCHOOL OF MINES: Mines joins growing network for entrepreneurial engineering