Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has been ranked as one of the best institutions in the United States by U.S. News & World Report.
publication recently released its annual college rankings, which has
Rensselaer ranked 39th among research universities. The ranking is
Rensselaer’s highest in the past 11 years.
“The good news in this ranking report is that even more
students will discover the innovative educational programs, breakthrough
research, and experiential initiatives at Rensselaer that have gained respect
throughout the world,” RPI
Shirley Ann Jackson said. “This builds on 200 years of Rensselaer research, teaching,
and discovery that have improved lives on a global canvas and a grand scale.”
Rensselaer rose two spots in the ranking after being ranked
41 on last year’s list, tying them with Northwestern University, Boston University,
Tulane and the University of California-Irvine at No. 39.
For the past 17
years, Rensselaer has been ranked in the top 50 national universities by U.S.
Rensselaer also rose in two other U.S. News categories: “Great School at a Great Price,” where it rose from 38 to
32, and “High School Counselor Rankings,” rising from 38 to 28.
Organizations in this story
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 110 8th St Troy, NY - 12180
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success