Viking Fusion, a student-run multimedia website for Berry College, recently earned finalist positions in three categories of the College Media Association’s annual Pinnacle Awards, which will be announced in October at the 2016 National College Media Convention.
“This was a year of
growth for Viking Fusion,” senior theater major Deanna Cunningham, the
executive director for Viking Fusion, said. “We produced our first bilingual film, an
experimental short film and worked to redefine what news means to our audience.
You can’t grow if you don’t try new things. We tried, and now it is paying
The site was nominated
in the Broadcast Division for “Four-Year TV Station of the Year,” as well as
for specific video projects. Viking Fusion’s “Welcome to Valhalla” video, which
was a promotional video on Berry’s first football game played in the school’s
Valhalla stadium, is nominated for “Best TV Promo/PSA.”
“It was an ambitious
project from the beginning in that we had two weeks to do it,” senior Luke
Chandler, the video’s producer, said. “The fact that we overcame multiple roadblocks
only makes me prouder of the recognition it has received.”
The website was also
nominated in the Best Viral Video category for “The Studio Awakens,” which
parodied the trailer for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Berry College ?
Next time we write about Berry College, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 198 degrees from Strayer University-District of Columbia
- Cost of college went up for all students at Escuela Hotelera de San Juan
- Graduates earn 94 degrees from Caribbean University-Carolina
- Cost of college went up for all students at Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Ponce
- Cost of college went up for resident students at University of Puerto Rico-Aguadilla
- Cost of college went down for all students at Universidad Central Del Caribe
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Mayaguez
- Cost of college went up for all students at American Educational College
- Graduates earn 202 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-General Institutional
- Graduates earn 937 degrees, certificates from Universidad del Sagrado Corazon