On Sept. 23, trustees at Miami University welcomed President Greg Crawford to his first board of trustees meeting.
Crawford, who was appointed president of the university on July 1, spoke at the meeting about Miami’s dedication to strengthening the institution’s inclusivity. This, according to the new president, is to be applied to all campuses as well as to academics, administration and co-curricular areas.
“I have been passionate about diversity throughout my career. And it was clearly on everyone’s minds in spring when [Renate and I] visited,” Crawford said. “I’ve been on a listening tour since June. I want to hear from everyone, so I’ve been out about 6 a.m. to meet with some staff, at the Regionals several times, and Renate and I have been to every diversity-related and intercultural event our schedules allow.”
Crawford also took time at the meeting to praise members of the campus community for taking the time to welcome everyone at the school.
He also mentioned three important events taking place in October. They are “Unity in the Community,” the “Real-Talk: Understanding Identities” led by students, “Project Civility at Miami Middletown,” and “Freedom Summer Dialogues.”
Organizations in this story
Miami University-Oxford 501 E. High St. Oxford, OH - 45056
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success