On Sept. 23, trustees at Miami University welcomed President Greg Crawford to his first board of trustees meeting.
Crawford, who was appointed president of the university on July 1, spoke at the meeting about Miami’s dedication to strengthening the institution’s inclusivity. This, according to the new president, is to be applied to all campuses as well as to academics, administration and co-curricular areas.
“I have been passionate about diversity throughout my career. And it was clearly on everyone’s minds in spring when [Renate and I] visited,” Crawford said. “I’ve been on a listening tour since June. I want to hear from everyone, so I’ve been out about 6 a.m. to meet with some staff, at the Regionals several times, and Renate and I have been to every diversity-related and intercultural event our schedules allow.”
Crawford also took time at the meeting to praise members of the campus community for taking the time to welcome everyone at the school.
He also mentioned three important events taking place in October. They are “Unity in the Community,” the “Real-Talk: Understanding Identities” led by students, “Project Civility at Miami Middletown,” and “Freedom Summer Dialogues.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Miami University-Oxford ?
Next time we write about Miami University-Oxford, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 543 degrees from University of Puerto Rico-Humacao
- Cost of college went up for all students at Trinity College of Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 4,802 degrees, certificates from Lamar University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Escuela de Artes Plasticas y Diseno de Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 142 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Yauco
- Graduates earn 192 degrees from Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Advantage Technical College
- Cost of college went up for all students at Caribbean University-Vega Baja
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza