The University of Tampa (UT) Center for Public Speaking has announced a new speaker series for the 2016-17 academic year.
The series, which
is in collaboration with the speech program, will feature speakers from across Florida. All events in the series will be held in the Sykes Chapel
and Center for Faith and Values.
The first speaker hosted in the series is Public Policy
Director of Equality Florida Hannah Willard, who is scheduled to speak Tuesday,
Oct. 18. Willard is known for conducting all of Equality Florida’s work in
the state capital, which includes the passing of a statewide nondiscrimination
bill. She is also a local policy manager for campaigns that feature anti-discrimination ordinances and safe school policies.
Gina Duncan from TransAction is the next speaker scheduled
in the series: she will speak on Nov. 3. Duncan, who travels around the
U.S. and trains companies on inclusion, was a guest speaker at the Global
Summit on Human Rights in Milan, Italy.
Two additional speakers will continue the series in the
spring. More information about the speaker series can be obtained by contacting
UT Speech Program Coordinator Chris Gurrie.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY: New Provost Named at Utah State University
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA: USD Alumna Uses Personal Experience to Spread Message of Financial Literacy
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University’s Emerson Scholars Receive Recognition
- BERRY COLLEGE: Coyote Lecture April 23 at Oak Hill
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Randi Thomas and Diane Delisio receive Miami University's Distinguished Service Award
- UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA: UT’s Spring Dance Happening Runs April 25-27
- Analysis: College athletics grossed $31,832 per athlete in 2016
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS: New law updates language related to dementia
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA’s Urban Forest Earns ‘Tree Campus USA’ Times Three
- TULANE UNIVERSITY: Speaker to explore use of biology in creation of technology