The University of Tampa (UT) Center for Public Speaking has announced a new speaker series for the 2016-17 academic year.
The series, which
is in collaboration with the speech program, will feature speakers from across Florida. All events in the series will be held in the Sykes Chapel
and Center for Faith and Values.
The first speaker hosted in the series is Public Policy
Director of Equality Florida Hannah Willard, who is scheduled to speak Tuesday,
Oct. 18. Willard is known for conducting all of Equality Florida’s work in
the state capital, which includes the passing of a statewide nondiscrimination
bill. She is also a local policy manager for campaigns that feature anti-discrimination ordinances and safe school policies.
Gina Duncan from TransAction is the next speaker scheduled
in the series: she will speak on Nov. 3. Duncan, who travels around the
U.S. and trains companies on inclusion, was a guest speaker at the Global
Summit on Human Rights in Milan, Italy.
Two additional speakers will continue the series in the
spring. More information about the speaker series can be obtained by contacting
UT Speech Program Coordinator Chris Gurrie.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Tampa ?
Next time we write about University of Tampa, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30