The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, based at Ajman University of Science and Technology, recently joined the World Pharmacist Day conference in Sharjah.
Sharjah medical district hosted the event under the organization of the ministry of health and prevention. The purpose of the event was to commemorate World Pharmacist Day.
Professor Nageeb Hassan, the dean of the college, as well as students and staff, attended the event. They listened to Dr. Moayed Al Omary, assistant professor and head of the college's clinical pharmacy department, who gave a lecture called “Virtual Pharmacy Innovation.” In the lecture, he emphasized the contemporary teaching techniques that use virtual pharmacy to teach students important skills. These same techniques also show positive outcomes for the quality of the students’ learning.
In addition, Al Omary encouraged teachers to enhance their curriculum by using new technology that is now available around the world. Using this new technology and these novel methods can help people to replace outdated approaches and learning.
While at the event, Dr. Amin Al Amairi, assistant undersecretary for medical practice in the UAE Ministry of Health, gave Ajman University students awards for their novel research. These projects were in the applied innovative ideas competition. Two students, Marina Atif and Amira Fathi, were included in the research studies about how Ghaf tree can help people who have anxiety and depression.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ajman University of Science and Technology ?
Next time we write about Ajman University of Science and Technology, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.