Gov. John Hickenlooper recently attended the Colorado School of Mines and Manufacturer’s Edge to tour the advanced characterization center at the Alliance for the Development of Additive Processing Technologies (ADAPT) on Sept. 3.
While at the event, the governor highlighted that October is Manufacturing Month for the state of Colorado.
“Colorado is home to 6,000 manufacturers that contribute $20 billion to the state’s economy,” Hickenlooper said. “ADAPT is consistent with Colorado’s collaborative culture. It provides our entrepreneurial manufacturers the ability to work closely with university researchers to develop the next generation of technologies.”
ADAPT, a consortium, gives manufacturers the opportunity to exchange the latest information and research about additive and innovative manufacturing technologies. ADAPT’s stakeholders include Edge, Ball Aerospace, Lockheed Martin and Fauston Tool.
Companies with ADAPT collaborate with Mines students and researchers to create new technologies. These are then used to speed the qualification and certification of 3-D printed metal parts. These are some of the latest innovations for the manufacturing industry.
“Innovation is the key to survival and growth for small and medium manufacturers,” Heidi Hostetter, vice president at Arvada-based Fauston Tool, said. “Through ADAPT, manufacturers of all sizes looking to incorporate the flexibility of 3-D metal printing into their portfolio will have access to cutting-edge research and help shape the future of the industry.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Colorado School of Mines ?
Next time we write about Colorado School of Mines, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 89 percent of applicants to Willamette University were admitted for fall 2017
- Lane Community College enrolls 7,637 undergrads
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College enrolls 14,906 undergrads
- 7 percent of applicants to Yale University were admitted for fall 2017
- UPIKE student and alumni feature: Olivia Boyette
- MIAMI UNIVERSITY-OXFORD: Gabriel "Fluffy" Iglesias, Live!
- 92 percent of applicants to Portland State University were admitted for fall 2017
- 79 percent of applicants to Oregon State University were admitted for fall 2017
- Pima Community College enrolls 24,347 undergrads
- Arizona Western College enrolls 7,557 undergrads