The University of New Orleans (UNO) has finalized its selection of three UNO students and 10 alumni films for the 27th annual New Orleans Film Festival.
The New Orleans Film Society will show the films at various venues in
New Orleans Oct. 12-22.
This year's record-breaking number of submissions made the
selection especially competitive. UNO undergraduate Jon Wood's
"Plaquemines" -- as well as graduate students Max Fisk's "Heart
Break-In" and Paul Punzo's "Comedy Rising" -- were selected for the
festival. Wood and alumni Aaron Rushin were producers of the feature film,
"A Quiet Storm." Rushin is on the staff of UNO's Department of Film
Also selected for the festival were alumni R. Todd Campbell, who directed a music video, "This Idea of Us," and a documentary
short, "Hollis Treasures," while Eric Gremillion directed an animated short called “The Tale of Elisha Bowman."
Short narrative films
were directed or co-directed by Alex Aaron, Alaina Boyett, Jason Buch, Paul
Catalanotto, Aaron Davis and Trenton Mynatt. A second feature film,
"People," was directed by Shane McGooey.
The UNO Department of Film and Theatre has the only
accredited film and theater program in New Orleans. It is a member of the National Association
of Schools of Theatre (NAST).
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million