The University of Texas at Dallas recently announced that Edward Ackerman, cofounder of the Ackerman Center for Holocaust Studies, has passed away at the age of 88.
Ackerman dedicated much of his time to the support of the
Ackerman Center over the last 10 years, where his impact will make certain
that the ability of the center to continue teaching will be preserved.
Students and individuals from all over the area come to the
center in order to learn about the history and legacy of the Holocaust. The center
is dedicated to educating members of the current generation, so that they will
be able to pass along a vast knowledge of the Holocaust to future generations.
A service will be held for Ackerman at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in Dallas, at Temple Emanuel.
Organizations in this story
University of Texas at Dallas 800 Campbell Rd Richardson, TX - 75080
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success