The University of Texas at Dallas recently announced that Edward Ackerman, cofounder of the Ackerman Center for Holocaust Studies, has passed away at the age of 88.
Ackerman dedicated much of his time to the support of the
Ackerman Center over the last 10 years, where his impact will make certain
that the ability of the center to continue teaching will be preserved.
Students and individuals from all over the area come to the
center in order to learn about the history and legacy of the Holocaust. The center
is dedicated to educating members of the current generation, so that they will
be able to pass along a vast knowledge of the Holocaust to future generations.
A service will be held for Ackerman at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in Dallas, at Temple Emanuel.
Want to get notified whenever we write about any of these organizations ?
Next time we write about any of these organizations, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 453 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Barranquitas
- Cost of college went up for all students at Strayer University-Global Region
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Bennett Career Institute
- Graduates earn 853 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-San German
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Educational Technical College-Recinto de san Sebastian
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Bayamon Community College
- Graduates earn 284 degrees, certificates from Colegio de Cinematografa Artes y Television
- Graduates earn 542 degrees from University of Puerto Rico-Carolina
- Cost of college went up for all students at Instituto de Educacion Tecnica Ocupacional La Reine-Manati