Loyola University has announced that it will be hosting the Urban History Association’s eighth biennial conference.
The event, which
takes place on Oct. 13-16, will bring in more than 650 historians,
scholars and authors from across the world.
The conference will have more than 150 workshops and roundtables
featuring experts who will present and discuss their research while exchanging
ideas. Among the presenters will be Loyola alumni. The conference will
feature tours of neighborhoods around Chicago.
“Chicago is a great place to teach urban history because
it’s literally all around us,” Timothy Gilfoyle, Loyola professor, said.
“We’ve got outstanding faculty. We’ve hired a number of leading urban
historians in recent years, and we also have the Center for Urban Research and
Learning. So, we’re very well positioned to be a leader in urban history.”
Gilfoyle has been a member of the faculty at the university
Loyola has always prided itself on having a strong interest
in urban history, being that it is a major research university in one of the
largest cities in the nation.
The theme of this year’s conference will be “The Working
Urban,” which will concentrate on labor issues.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Loyola University Chicago ?
Next time we write about Loyola University Chicago, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 9,226 degrees, certificates from George Washington University
- Cost of college went down for all students at Atenas College
- Cost of college went up for all students at University of Arkansas
- Graduates earn 125 degrees, certificates from ICPR Junior College-Mayaguez
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Hospital Names Crystal Wheeler As Chief People Officer
- Graduates earn 151 degrees from Pontifical Catholic University of Puerto Rico-Arecibo
- Cost of college went up for all students at Universidad Adventista de las Antillas
- Graduates earn 527 degrees, certificates from Inter American University of Puerto Rico-Bayamon
- Cost of college went up for all students at Emporia State University
- ARKANSAS TECH UNIVERSITY: Blake Takes Leadership at Lake Point