Award-winning architectural teams Toshiko Mori and Anmahian Winton Architects will handle two architectural projects at Brown University: the expansion of the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs and the renovation of Wilson Hall, respectively.
“Toshiko Mori's international perspective
and understanding of the mission of the Watson Institute, of the site and of
the programmatic and architectural issues, along with the exceptional quality
of her architectural design work, were the factors that led the selection
committee to choose her for this important assignment,” Brown University
Architect Collette Creppell said.
Mori has previously worked on two projects at
Brown and has extensive international experience, with projects marked by her
modernism and use of innovative materials.
Anmahian Winton Architects will handle the
renovation of Wilson Hall, which entails updating the 125-year-old building’s
interior spaces while making the building more accessible for people with
disabilities. Anmahian Winton, whose own Nick Winton is a Brown alumnus, has also
previously worked on the university’s campus.
“The work of the firm, with Nick Winton as
principal in charge, promises to bring creativity in addressing the challenge
of maintaining Wilson as an iconic building while renovating and modernizing
its interiors, enhancing its public spaces and transforming the classroom space
within the building,” Creppell said.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Brown University ?
Next time we write about Brown University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- 81 percent of applicants to University of Hartford were admitted for fall 2017
- Estrella Mountain Community College enrolls 9,788 undergrads
- Mesa Community College enrolls 20,424 undergrads
- 98 percent of applicants to Alabama State University were admitted for fall 2017
- 80 percent of applicants to Arizona State University-West were admitted for fall 2017
- Rio Salado College enrolls 17,635 undergrads
- Argosy University-Phoenix Online Division enrolls 4,534 undergrads
- 98 percent of applicants to Eastern Oregon University were admitted for fall 2017
- 84 percent of applicants to Auburn University were admitted for fall 2017
- 67 percent of applicants to Grand Canyon University were admitted for fall 2017