The University of Phoenix recently honored retired Command Sergeant Major John Ramirez, School of Advanced Studies dean of operations, for being named the recipient of the Association of Latino Professionals for American (ALPFA) 2016 Veteran of the Year Award.
“Throughout his career, Mr. Ramirez has demonstrated a
commitment to service,” President of the ALPFA Phoenix Chapter Alain Monroy said. “First, proudly serving our nation in the United States Army and now continuing to assist veterans who are transitioning back to
civilian life. It
is this unwavering promise to help those around him that makes Mr. Ramirez such
a deserving individual for this award.”
Ramirez served for 27 years in the U.S. Army, retiring as a command sergeant major before helping support service members find employment
and opportunities to further education.
“Our service men and women have made the ultimate sacrifice
to protect and serve our country, and their accomplishments need to be
recognized,” Adam Such, University of Phoenix vice president of military and veteran affairs, said. “John in particular is very deserving of this award because of his
decorated and selfless military career, and the work he does now to serve his fellow
veterans and the community.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Phoenix ?
Next time we write about University of Phoenix, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30
- ANDREWS UNIVERSITY: SCSD Receives Grant from Parkinson Voice Project
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Bethany Lands 12 Teams on Naia Scholar Teams List