The University of South Dakota (USD) recently announced that it is hosting the second annual TEDx event 1-5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5, in the Aalfs Auditorium in Slagle Hall.
TEDxUSD, an organization, invites speakers from throughout South Dakota to present their ideas on the USD campus. For this year, event speakers will discuss topics that encompass philanthropy, health care and more.
Among the speakers are Deb Rohrer, president of the South Dakota Music Educators Association, and Rob Green, lead guide for Lifeworks International’s Ecuador Program. There will also be representatives from Avera, Sanford and Brandon Valley High School.
The event is open to the public. Tickets cost $10 for general admission but are free of charge for students.
After the event, activities will run 7-11 p.m. in the Muenster University Center ballroom. While there, the audience will have the opportunity to meet the TEDxUSD executive team, sponsors and speakers while enjoying entertainment and food. Tickets for this portion of the event are $12.
TEDxUSD seeks to bring excellent speakers to USD. It receives sponsorship from the USD College of Arts & Sciences, Honors Program, Graduate School and Center for Diversity and Community.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of South Dakota ?
Next time we write about University of South Dakota, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Appoints Marcus Lyles As Executive Director Of Public Safety And Chief Of Police For The Department Of Public Safety
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY: Lester Named Dean of School of Music & Fine Arts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Master's Degree in Finance
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Rashid Zia named Brown’s new dean of the college
- RADFORD UNIVERSITY: Joyendu “Joy” Bhadury selected as dean of Radford University’s College of Business and Economics
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University Establishes Center for Addictions; Hires Director