The Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Services has named Dr. Lillian Schumacher, president of Tiffin University, the recipient of the 2016 Women’s Career Excellence Award.
“Dr. Schumacher demonstrates by example that women can be
very successful in their career, while showing their softer side as a devoted
wife and mother,” the person who nominated Schumacher said. “She is driven not
only by her personal success, but by the success of those around her.”
The award is given to an individual who endeavors to
achieve the highest echelons of professional success. These are women who shine
in their professional field, who are leaders that inspire others to
follow. Additionally, they have dedicated time and effort in their communities in a substantial manner.
To win, recipients must “demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their
business or profession; provide valuable service by devoting time and energy to
improve the quality of life for others in the community; assist women in
reaching their full leadership potential,” according to criteria by which nominees are judged.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Tiffin University ?
Next time we write about Tiffin University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Group launches national campaign seeking justice for victims of predatory Ohio State doctor
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Brown urges Supreme Court to uphold DACA to benefit students, universities, nation
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: KAGRA to Join LIGO and Virgo in Hunt for Gravitational Waves
- BERRY COLLEGE: Lumen Lecture with Jennifer Frey to be Held October 10
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: Auburn Faculty Research Symposium highlights innovative projects, from neuroscience to rural housing design to additive manufacturing
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Gift of $7 Million Will Support New Athletics Facility and Center for Israel Studies Fellowship
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: President Welcomes Everyone for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma Art Prize Gets Student Artists Moving
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: How Context Affects Scene Processing to be Held September 25
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18