The Seneca Regional Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Services has named Dr. Lillian Schumacher, president of Tiffin University, the recipient of the 2016 Women’s Career Excellence Award.
“Dr. Schumacher demonstrates by example that women can be
very successful in their career, while showing their softer side as a devoted
wife and mother,” the person who nominated Schumacher said. “She is driven not
only by her personal success, but by the success of those around her.”
The award is given to an individual who endeavors to
achieve the highest echelons of professional success. These are women who shine
in their professional field, who are leaders that inspire others to
follow. Additionally, they have dedicated time and effort in their communities in a substantial manner.
To win, recipients must “demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their
business or profession; provide valuable service by devoting time and energy to
improve the quality of life for others in the community; assist women in
reaching their full leadership potential,” according to criteria by which nominees are judged.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Tiffin University ?
Next time we write about Tiffin University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30