The University of New Orleans (UNO) recently revitalized its favorite publication for students, alumni and friends, giving it a new appearance and a new name, Silver & Blue.
The name was chosen after receiving more than 100 reader entries. This name was from a former student, LaToya Murray, from Lake Charles. It shows the spirit of UNO, emphasizing its work ethic, tradition, grit and elegance.
This new edition has been published just in time for the Making History celebration at UNO, from Oct. 31 through Nov. 4. In turn, it allows visitors to have the opportunity to see the collaboration between UNO, "NCIS: New Orleans," a popular network series, and Nims Center Studios.
Furthermore, the magazine features an article about an alumnus and staffer spending his vacation saving lives. Other stories are about how UNO student-athletes and students helped communities during the south Louisiana flooding this fall.
In addition, the publication features a profile of an alumnus who earned the Distinguished Alumni honor award from UNO. After graduating in 1978, Mark Romig sold original New Orleans experiences on a global scale while he was the official stadium announcer for the Saints team from New Orleans.
Other articles in the magazine focus on how UNO students travel for studies and internships, along with faculty research and publication projects.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million
- UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS: Spicher Joins U of A Development Team in Education, Health Professions
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA: USD Sanford Medical Student Recognized by U.S. Public Health Service
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, HUNTSVILLE: UAH launches new scholarship program for financially disadvantaged STEM transfers
- Analysis: College softball grosses $451 million
- Junior colleges report borrower default rate of 18%
- THE CITADEL: Confronting the Teacher Shortage Crisis
- STATE COLLEGE OF FLORIDA-MANATEE-SARASOTA: Plantation Community Foundation of Venice Awards Grant to SCF Nursing
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE: U.S. Department of Energy grant gives students chance to study at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Four graduates win prestigious pickering foreign affairs fellowships