University of Arkansas (UA) students and faculty recently attended the 2016 Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Annual Meeting in Minneapolis, Minnesota, where they learned about research developments in their field and presented their own research.
"The BMES conference was a great
opportunity to become better apprised of the many diverse areas of biomedical
research,” graduate student Kevin Roberts, who presented a poster, said. “Discussing
our research one-on-one with faculty and students from across the country was a
very gratifying experience."
The four UA undergraduate students and two
graduate students at the meeting also had the opportunity to network with other
researchers and benefit from learning about their progress.
"It's always interesting and
informative to see how your specific area in the field of biomedical
engineering is progressing in terms of research,” graduate student John
Kim said. “Especially with the oral presentations, you may learn about a technique
researchers used for something totally unrelated to your work but you may find
that one nugget of information that may provide you with a tool that you can
adapt to your own research. Presenting a poster was fun as it gave me a chance
to speak with my peers about our research and theirs as well."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.