The University of New Orleans (UNO) recently announced that Dr. Matthew Tarr will be the university’s first Eurofins Professor of Analytical Chemistry, an endowed professorship focused on exposing students to the bioanalytical arena.
“This endowed professorship further deepens
our relationship with Eurofins and will ensure that our students are receiving
outstanding instruction and skills that will serve them well in the job market,” UNO College of Sciences Dean Steve Johnson, citing an existing
internship program, said.
Tarr has worked at UNO since 1995 and is a
faculty fellow in the university’s Advanced Materials Research Institute. He is
a research professor of chemistry, who chaired UNO’s chemistry department for
six years, from 2009 to 2015.
“Dr. Tarr is an outstanding choice to head
this program, with his extensive research in the area of analytical chemistry
and the leadership that he has demonstrated over the years in the scientific
community,” Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratories President John
Reuther said. “To date, UNO has been an excellent partner for Eurofins since our
company moved into the UNO Research and Technology Park. The interns and
graduates that we hire from their science programs integrate well into our
systems, and they have greatly contributed to the success and record-breaking
growth of our laboratory here in New Orleans.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Guardian Credit Union FCS KickOff FanFest and Barbecue to be Held August 23
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Amgen Foundation Honors David Baltimore with Gift to Caltech
- The price of education: Which 2-year Colorado schools charge the lowest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college wrestling program grossed the most in the U.S.
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford University Ranked No. 34 Nationally, Top in Alabama on Kiplinger’s “Best College Values” List
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Jennifer Lum Named Caltech General Counsel
- ALMA COLLEGE: Six STUNT Athletes Named All-Americans
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Plans to Prosper You: Reflections of Black Resistance and Resilience in Montgomery County's Potomac River Valley to be Held July 30