The University of New Orleans (UNO) recently announced that Dr. Matthew Tarr will be the university’s first Eurofins Professor of Analytical Chemistry, an endowed professorship focused on exposing students to the bioanalytical arena.
“This endowed professorship further deepens
our relationship with Eurofins and will ensure that our students are receiving
outstanding instruction and skills that will serve them well in the job market,” UNO College of Sciences Dean Steve Johnson, citing an existing
internship program, said.
Tarr has worked at UNO since 1995 and is a
faculty fellow in the university’s Advanced Materials Research Institute. He is
a research professor of chemistry, who chaired UNO’s chemistry department for
six years, from 2009 to 2015.
“Dr. Tarr is an outstanding choice to head
this program, with his extensive research in the area of analytical chemistry
and the leadership that he has demonstrated over the years in the scientific
community,” Eurofins Central Analytical Laboratories President John
Reuther said. “To date, UNO has been an excellent partner for Eurofins since our
company moved into the UNO Research and Technology Park. The interns and
graduates that we hire from their science programs integrate well into our
systems, and they have greatly contributed to the success and record-breaking
growth of our laboratory here in New Orleans.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of New Orleans ?
Next time we write about University of New Orleans, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million