Bradley University will host its second annual Charley Steiner Symposium on Nov. 15, which will see some of the biggest names in sports from across the nation in attendance.
"Our partnership with Charley Steiner has provided our
students with access to experts in the sports communication field who can lend
their insight into the industry while giving our students an experience they
wouldn't get anywhere else," Gary Roberts, president of Bradley, said.
Among those in attendance are Charley Steiner, for whom the event is named for, an alumnus of Bradley who went on to become a Hall of Fame play-by-play announcer for the Los Angeles Dodgers and the winner of four Emmy Awards; John Rooney, play-by-play announcer for the St. Louis. Cardinals; Len Kasper, play-by-play man for the Chicago Cubs; John Walsh of ESPN; and Diane Shah, a female pioneer in sportswriting.
"We are able to offer our students opportunities to
have the very best curriculum in sports broadcasting, promotions, new media,
journalism and play-by-play announcing," Dr. Paul Gullifor, chairman of the department, said. "We are opening the door to so many
more opportunities for our students."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Bradley University ?
Next time we write about Bradley University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Bachelor's Degree in Computer Software Technology
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Amanda Bailey to lead human resources at Brown
- NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE:James A. McDermet named chair of North Central College’s Board of Trustees
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS AMHERST: Associated General Contractors of Massachusetts Creates Endowment for Building and Construction Technology Program at UMass
- BRADLEY UNIVERSITY: Seven Bradley Teams Receive Academic Recognition
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Georgetown's Beloved Howard Gray, S.J., Remembered at Memorial Mass
- BRIDGEWATER COLLEGE(VA): Bridgewater College approves Masters of Art in Digital Media Strategy
- UNIVERSITY OF EVANSVILLE: UE Announces the Creation of a New Center for Innovation & Change
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY: University of Mary Launches New ‘Marauders Armada’ to Fund Athletic Scholarships
- Analysis: College men's golf grosses $173 million