Ashland University is preparing to hold the second event in its 2016-2017 Environmental Lecture Series.
The event will operate under the
theme of “In Our Own Backyard, Year 2” and will feature a presentation by Dr.
David FitzSimmons, an award-winning author and photographer, who will discuss
the ecology of ephemeral wetlands.
Ashland Associate Professor of Biology and Environmental
Science Program Directors Dr. Patricia Saunders said that the primary goal of
this year’s series is to build upon the exploration of examples of local
national history and ecology that will link future issues, questions and plans.
“Vernal pools are numerous in this part of Ohio, but they
aren’t very well known,” she said. “Each is typically very small and dries up
during the year, yet these habitats serve as relatively safe zones and homes
for many unique species. Dr. FitzSimmons has a fantastic perspective on these
valuable wetlands, and we are looking forward to getting a peak below the
surface of these somewhat mysterious habitats.”
The lecture -- which will take place at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17,
in the Ronk Lecture Hall in the Dwight Schar College of Education -- is free and open to the public.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ashland University ?
Next time we write about Ashland University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Appoints Marcus Lyles As Executive Director Of Public Safety And Chief Of Police For The Department Of Public Safety
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY: Lester Named Dean of School of Music & Fine Arts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Master's Degree in Finance
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Rashid Zia named Brown’s new dean of the college
- RADFORD UNIVERSITY: Joyendu “Joy” Bhadury selected as dean of Radford University’s College of Business and Economics
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University Establishes Center for Addictions; Hires Director