The University of Arkansas is preparing for its 10-year reaccreditation evaluation, which will be conducted by the Higher Learning Commission.
The evaluation has been scheduled for April of next year with a
peer review team set to visit the campus.
The following educational values have been deemed essential
as basic and defining assumptions regarding institutions in higher education:
“A focus on student learning; education seen as a public
purpose; education intended to prepare students for a diverse, technological,
globally connected world; a campus culture of continuous improvement; evidence-based institutional learning and self-presentation; Integrity,
transparency and ethical behavior; leadership that promotes the well-being of
the institution; sustainable management of the university’s resources; mission-centered evaluation; accreditation aimed at assuring and advancing
quality of the institution.”
To receive reaccreditation a university must achieve
satisfactory marks in each of these categories:
“Mission: it must be clear, publicly stated, driving all
programs and aimed at serving the public good; integrity: ethical and responsible
conduct; teaching and learning: quality, resources and support; teaching
and learning: evaluation and improvement; resources, planning and institutional effectiveness: the institution’s ability to fulfill its
mission, improve and plan for the future.”
Arkansas first received accreditation in 1924.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- Graduates earn 543 degrees from University of Puerto Rico-Humacao
- Cost of college went up for all students at Trinity College of Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 4,802 degrees, certificates from Lamar University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Escuela de Artes Plasticas y Diseno de Puerto Rico
- Graduates earn 142 degrees, certificates from Columbia Central University-Yauco
- Graduates earn 192 degrees from Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto de Guayama
- Cost of college went up for all students at Advantage Technical College
- Cost of college went up for all students at Caribbean University-Vega Baja
- Cost of college went up for all students at American University
- Cost of college was unchanged for all students at Colegio Tecnico de Electricidad Galloza