The Institution of International Education recently published its Open Doors 2016 report, which saw Miami (OH) University ranked number one in the U.S. in public doctoral universities for the participation of undergraduate students in study abroad programs.
university currently has 49.1 percent of its students study abroad before
graduation. The figured from the report are based on the 2014-15 academic year.
“Everyone at Miami should be extraordinarily proud of this
No. 1 ranking for study abroad participation among public universities,” Cheryl Young, associate provost, Global Initiatives, said. “This accomplishment
illustrates the deep commitment to a globally focused education for our
students at a time when cultivating a global perspective and strengthening our
connections is more important than ever.”
Miami was also included at number 17 on the list for
its undergraduate study abroad participation, tying them with Boston
University. This list was comprised of public and private universities that
The list ranks Miami at number 22 for actual number of
students, including undergraduate and graduate students, who participate in the
study abroad program. During the 2014-15 academic year, Miami had 2,046
students studying abroad.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Miami University-Oxford ?
Next time we write about Miami University-Oxford, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- UNIVERSITY OF RHODE ISLAND: URI names new chief information officer
- RICE UNIVERSITY: Matt Bragga named Rice baseball coach
- UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA: UA Announces New Master’s Degree in Public Health
- TRANSYLVANIA UNIVERSITY: Moloney named as Transylvania’s new VP for marketing and communications
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY: Howard University Appoints Marcus Lyles As Executive Director Of Public Safety And Chief Of Police For The Department Of Public Safety
- PALM BEACH ATLANTIC UNIVERSITY: Lester Named Dean of School of Music & Fine Arts
- ASHFORD UNIVERSITY: Ashford University Launches New Master's Degree in Finance
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Rashid Zia named Brown’s new dean of the college
- RADFORD UNIVERSITY: Joyendu “Joy” Bhadury selected as dean of Radford University’s College of Business and Economics
- ASHLAND UNIVERSITY: Ashland University Establishes Center for Addictions; Hires Director