University of Arkansas (U of A) choral faculty recently took part in the 2016 Arkansas Choral Directors Association All-Regional festivals, conducting a combined 1,000 students in regional choirs from across the state.
Arkansas’ schools are
divided into six regions, and for All-Region events each region’s local board
of governance approaches and hires clinicians to direct student choruses. This
year, three University of Arkansas faculty members were selected as clinicians:
Director of Choral Activities Stephen Caldwell, Associate Director of Choral
Activities Jeffrey Murdock and Director of the University of Arkansas
Children’s Choir Rachel Cornett.
Caldwell conducted the
Region 5 High School Mixed Chorus in Springdale and the Region 2 High School
Mixed Chorus in Conway, comprising 180 and 209 students respectively. Murdock
conducted the Region 5 Women’s Chorus and Cornett the Region 3 and Region 2
Junior High Choruses.
"It is always an
honor when one of the region boards contacts you to be a clinician," University of Arkansas Director of Choral Activities Stephen Caldwell, who is
also on the faculty of the Music Department, said. "Not only do we get to make
beautiful music, but it is a fantastic opportunity to meet students and their
teachers, and extend a welcoming hand from the U of A."
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Arkansas ?
Next time we write about University of Arkansas, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- ALMA COLLEGE: Alma Art Prize Gets Student Artists Moving
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: How Context Affects Scene Processing to be Held September 25
- AUBURN UNIVERSITY: WoW Wednesdays: Visual Communication for Research (3MT) to be Held September 18
- BETHANY COLLEGE: Swedes Split on Day One of Baker International
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Caltech Faculty Honored with Breakthrough and New Horizons Prizes
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford Ranked Third in the Nation for Student Engagement by Wall Street Journal
- Sticker shock: Which 2-year U.S. schools charge the highest in-state tuition?
- Analysis: Which college ice hockey program grossed the most in the U.S.
- ALMA COLLEGE: Hispanic Heritage Month: Fiesta/Baile, Health Workshop
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: A Conversation with Magdalena Zernicka-Goetz