The University of Arkansas has partnered with the Northwest Arkansas Plumbing School to host the Chili Cook-off competition and lunch as part of the National Apprenticeship Week celebration.
This is the second year of the
The competition and lunch is held Friday, Nov. 18, with lunch being served from 11:30 a.m. until 1 p.m. The event will be held
at the Carpenter Shop in the Facilities building. Lunch will cost $5, which will
be donated to the University of Arkansas United Way, and will include chili or a hot dog with Fritos, a drink and desert. Lunch is first come, first
Arkansas has invited its entire campus to take part in the
chili-tasting, with everyone voting on their favorite chili while making
another donation to United Way.
The Chili Cook-off winner will be awarded a trophy that has
been crafted by the carpentry shop.
Parking for the event will be located in Lot 56 on campus.
Organizations in this story
University of Arkansas 1 N University Ave Fayetteville, AR - 72701-5031
- Texas, D.C. rank highest in revenue generated by college athletics
- Dallas series will look into your mind
- Climate change called more catastrophic on mountains
- Brown provost joins public outcry over immigrant ban
- University sponsors wide-ranging business conference
- Gallery shows off variety of student artwork
- Pence taps South Dakota grad as security adviser
- 'Students-first' educators earn annual honors
- Professor puts underserved children on her radar
- South Dakota has prescription for family medicine success