The University of Pikeville’s (UPIKE) Kentucky Innovation Network office has partnered with the Coleman College of Business and the Student Success department to host the very first business competition, “Pizza and Pitch.”
The event consisted of 10 students from UPIKE presenting
their business ideas for the chance to win $600 in cash and prizes.
“Pitch competitions like these allow students from any major
the opportunity to share their ideas,” Kentucky Innovation Network office
Assistant Director and the event’s emcee Justin Prater said. “We look forward
the hosting more competitions in the future for UPIKE’s aspiring
Nico Rodenbusch took home the $500 first prize for his
organic pet food additive idea.
“Events like these are meant to showcase the creativity on
our campus and bring together students from all disciplines to experience the
benefits of entrepreneurship,” Kentucky Innovation Network and SBI Director David Snow said. “The Pizza and Pitch competition is a prelude to the UPIKE Startup
Challenge Business Plan competition scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 3. The
deadline to submit a written plan is Monday, Nov. 21, for the opportunity to
win a share of $10,000 in cash awards.”
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about University of Pikeville ?
Next time we write about University of Pikeville, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.