Ashford University was honored by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education last week.
The university was among the top 100 colleges and
universities that conferred the most degrees to U.S. students of color in 2016.
The university placed third in conferring Bachelor of Arts
degrees upon minority students. In graduate-level degrees, the university
placed 10th overall. When only master's degrees were considered, it took seventh
place among the top 100.
“Ashford University is honored to be ranked by 'Diverse:
Issues in Higher Education' as an institution having a particular focus on
helping minority students achieve the dream of earning a college degree,”
Ashford University President and CEO Dr. Craig Swenson said. “We take great
pride having assembled a truly dedicated staff and faculty who so capably serve
the needs of a highly diverse student population.”
Ashford University, based in San Diego, California, offers
associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs online. The flexibility of
the Ashford programs allows working students as well as those just out of high
school the flexibility needed to balance their lives while working toward a
higher education degree.
Organizations in this story
Want to get notified whenever we write about Ashford University ?
Next time we write about Ashford University, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.Sign-up for Alerts
- BROWN UNIVERSITY: Summit explores ways to best meet mental health needs of Rhode Island college students
- CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY: Magnetar Mysteries in our Galaxy and Beyond
- EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY: Kansas Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- ADELPHI UNIVERSITY: Home Away From Home: Two International Students Share Their Stories
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY: Interfaith Project Meeting to be Held January 1
- SAMFORD UNIVERSITY: Samford’s Beeson Divinity School to Host Conference on Racial Reconciliation with The Institute on Religion and Democracy
- Georgetown University has most student athletes in Washington, D.C.
- AARHUS UNIVERSITY: Aarhus University Hospital named Denmark's best hospital for the eleventh year running
- ADTALEM GLOBAL EDUCATION INC.: Adtalem Global Education Completes Divestitures of DeVry University and Carrington College
- Analysis: Which college golf program grossed the most in the U.S.